- Social Help
Caudwell Children provide family support services, equipment, treatment and therapies for disabled children and their families across the UK. We also run our Enable Sport programme for talented disabled athletes and our Destination Dreams holiday for children fighting life threatening conditions.
Passionate, positive and practical, they are are motivated to improve the lives of the estimated 770,000 disabled children living in the UK, starting with the 400,000 living in or on the margins of poverty.
What makes Caudwell Children special:
- They don’t believe in waiting lists for children
- They treat families and their children as individuals
- They are a national charity with a local heart
- Their management and running costs are covered by a kind benefactor so that donations go directly to help disabled children in need
Caudwell Children was founded in 2000.
Caudwell Children has provided over £23 million worth of services.
Caudwell Children has supported children with over 500 different medical conditions.
Caudwell Children supported more disabled children than ever during 2012.
Caudwell Children provides Family Support Services, Equipment, Treatment, Therapy, and our Destination Dreams holidays.
- There are currently 770,000 disabled children living in the UK.
- It is estimated that 400,000 families with disabled children are living in or on the margins of poverty..
- Every week 104 children die from a childhood illness.
- 100 children a week are born with a disability.
- Families with a disabled child on average need five pieces of equipment to provide basic care.
- There are approximately 100,000 children in the UK currently awaiting appropriate mobility equipment.
- Every 30 minutes a child will be diagnosed with a brain injury.
- 2000 babies are diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy each year.
- 55% of families with a disabled child live in or on the margins of poverty.
- 80% of families with a disabled child say that they are at breaking point.
In 2012 Caudwell Children officially launched its seven Core Services; devised after a decade of learning about the needs of families with disabled children and designed to fill the gap left by statutory services and other charities.
For more information: www.caudwellchildren.com